Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 12-15 min/lb at 325°F or until the internal temperature reaches 180°F Stand: 20 minutes Servings: 14 -16
True Liberty® Bags Quick Tip
Cooking in a True Liberty® bag will cut your cooking time down significantly and keep your turkey nice and moist!
We at True Liberty® cook our turkey breast side down so that the white meat bubbles in juices while it bakes. Either way, the bag is going to act like a convection oven, trapping the moisture and goodness inside. With everything in the bag, clean-up is easy as pick it up and throw it out! Or throw the juice and bones into a fresh bag and freeze for turkey soup or a new creation on another day.
Watch the video for a tutorial on this recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJieakDTlYw
- 12 to 16 pound fresh or frozen turkey (thawed, if frozen)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tables spoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tables spoons fresh minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey
- Rinse turkey and pat until dry
- Place prepped turkey into a True Liberty® Turkey bag and put into roasting dish
- Combine all ingredients for rub in a mixing bowl
- Rub fresh herb rub on the outside of the turkey and under skin
- Tie off True Liberty® bag with bag tie
- Cut a few ¼ inch holes in bag for air to escape
- Roast turkey for 12-15 min/lb or until the internal temperature reaches 180°F
- Remove turkey from oven and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Cut open bag, serve and enjoy!